Friday, May 11, 2012

T G I F!

Company has arrived for the weekend.  Tonight we feasted on fresh pan fried grey sole filets, a medley of roasted eggplant, red pepper, yellow cherry tomatoes, and capers, and a salad with ginger lime dressing.  I'm lucky to live near an excellent local fish market which I frequent on a regular basis.


Viburnum 'Summer Snowflake' is in full, glorious bloom in my front garden.  I'm surprised at how well this performs given that it's planted at the shady base of a Sycamore in a dry garden that gets little to no supplemental water.  Somehow it managed to emerge unscathed from the late October 2011 snow storm.  Many of it's companion plants were not as fortunate and got crushed under falling Sycamore limbs.



Nick is tucked in for the night.  Our company has a two year old Wire Fox Terrier who hasn't learned to respect his elders.  On Sunday morning Nick will be waving goodbye while muttering "Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out." under his breath. 


Friday night holds all the promise for the weekend ahead.  It's my favorite night of the week.  Whatever the weekend holds for you be sure to enjoy!

No comments: