Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Giving Thanks




One of the ways I celebrate my good fortune during the holiday season is to share it with those less fortunate.  In these technological times sharing the wealth is as simple as clicking through the website of your favorite charity.  I choose to keep my donations local.  Every year during Thanksgiving week I make a donation to my regional food bank.

Foodshare of Greater Hartford will distibute over 19,000 turkeys to needy families in the Greater Hartford area this week.  As long as I'm not one of them, I will continue to give and hope that all my friends and family will consider doing the same.

Happy Thanksgiving!


Sue~

3 comments:

  1. I agree. It is so important to take a moment each year to reach out and help others. Especially this time of year! Large or small, every donation helps! We can make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post, Sue. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The volunteers there are great. We stopped by Foodshare with a couple turkeys, and they were very friendly and appreciative, as always, but were positively giddy over the fact that we brought fixins too. They saw the cranberry sauce and stuffing and other things and were practically jumping up and down. Such simple things, nothing fancy, and yet they made us feel wonderful about it. And they did that 19,000 times over with other donors too. Amazing people.

    ReplyDelete